1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a file that is placed on the user’s computer, smartphone or any other device that stores information about browsing.
The set of cookies helps to improve the quality of the website, enabling monitoring of which pages are useful, which are not and which require improvement.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, conferring numerous advantages for the provision of interactive services, as such they facilitate the browsing and usability of our website.
They are never harmful to devices, but rather they help, among other purposes, to identify and resolve errors.
2. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
Depending on the entity managing them:
- First-party cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain managed by SEMILLAS FITÓ and from which the service or information requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a device or domain that is not managed by SEMILLAS FITÓ, but rather by another entity that processes the data gathered through the cookies (social networks, search engines, etc.). In cases in which cookies are installed from a device or domain managed by SEMILLAS FITÓ itself but the data collected through such cookies is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as first-party cookies.
Depending on the period of time they remain activated:
- Session cookies: A type of cookie that is designed to collect and store data while the user visits a web page. They are typically used to store information that is only required to provide the service requested by the user on a single occasion. Over time, they allow a better experience to be delivered by improving the content and making it easier to use.
- Persistent cookies: With this type of cookie, the data continue to be stored in the terminal and may be accessed and processed for the period of time defined by the party responsible for the cookie.
Depending on their purpose:
- Technical cookies: Cookies that enable the user to browse a website, platform or application and make use of the various options or services that exist on it, for instance, by controlling traffic and data communication, identifying sessions, granting access to restricted areas, etc.
- Personalisation cookies: These allow the user to access the service with certain predefined general settings based on a range of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the configuration of the region from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The data collected through this type of cookie are used to measure activity on the website, application or platform and to produce browsing profiles of the users of such websites, applications and platforms, for the purpose of implementing improvements based on the analysis of the data on how users make use of the service.
- Advertising Cookies: These enable the most effective possible management of the advertising spaces that, where applicable, SEMILLAS FITÓ has included on a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service, based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency with which the advertisements are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: These allow for the most effective possible management of the advertising spaces that, where applicable, SEMILLAS FITÓ has included on a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store data on user behaviour collected through ongoing monitoring of browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be generated to enable advertising to be displayed in accordance with this profile.
3. LIST OF COOKIES USED ON OUR WEBSITE
- A) First-party cookies
Primarily used to remember the last display language selected by the user.
- B) Third-party cookies
Persistent (2 years)
Analysis: This cookie records the number of times a user has visited a site, when they first visited, and when they last visited.
Persistent (2 years)
Analysis: This cookie is only used when personalised variables are involved, for example to segment demographic data obtained from the registration data, such as the sex or age of the visitor.
Persistent (6 months)
Analysis: This cookie tracks where the visitor originated from, which search engine was used, which link was clicked, which keywords were used and from where in the world the page was accessed.
4. HOW DO YOU CONFIGURE OR DISABLE COOKIES?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options on your internet browser. Should you not allow the installation of cookies on your browser, you may not be able to access some services and your experience on our website may be less satisfactory.
Here are the steps to follow to configure or disable cookies, depending on the browser being used:
- Internet Explorer: information available via this link
- Firefox: information available via this link
- Chrome: information available via this link
- Safari: information available via this link
- Opera: information available via this link